<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/2277948606696838969?origin\x3dhttps://alltothegood.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

All To The Good

It's All Good... But It Could Be Better

 

Movies Made For Men ("Top 10", part 1)

In my first set set of "Top 10", let's check out those movies that every man should watch at least once in his life (if not every day). I'm not just talkin about good movies; and I'm not talkin about movies that women would necessarily dislike; I'm talkin about those movies that inspire a man to be who he's meant to be. I'm talkin about movies about strength, honor, courage, and faith.

pic
1. Braveheart
2. Gladiator
3. Tombstone
4. The Patriot
5. The Last Samurai
6. Good Will Hunting
7. The Matrix
8. The Shawshank Redemption
9. 300
10. The Last Of The Mohicans

Any other suggestions? Any you feel don't belong on this list?

* Update: Even though I haven't seen it yet, because of recommendations, "300" just made the 9th entry. And... they are now ranked (according to those which are most inspiring). Disagree with the order? Voice your opinion below man!
** Update: It is complete! I finally decided on a 10th. Think you got somethin better? You have the power to change #10 in the comments ;.p

Labels: ,

By Brian
On Thursday, April 19
At 4:00 PM
Comments :

 

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Too bad you can't just put "James Bond Films" as an entry.

"Dr. No" is probably top of the Bond list but for some reason I really really dug "Casino Royale"...

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

PS - Who has even see "The Last of the Mohicans"???

PPS - What is a "Mohican"???

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Did you see Steel Magnolias??? I was balling!!!

How about -
The Usual Suspects
300
Memento (it was low budget, but a great flick)
and...
Flicka

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

I like how you qualified "guy movies" as "movies that inspire a man to be who he's meant to be".

It's sometimes hard to defend being and acting like a man in this world but putting it like you did makes it hard to argue with.

I'm not so sure about "Shawshank" making the list.. Great flick but a little sappy for me."

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Oh... William Wallace...

 

Leave a Reply